Image Map

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Paint splatter and 2 new products, all before 7am!


omigosh y'all!
     I was up until 6:30 this morning finishing up my first calendar kit. Seriously! I went to bed as the sun was rising I have so many things on my mind that I just could not sleep! Anyways! So two newest items are up in my TPT shop, neither are free, but I promise I’ll get a freebie out to y’all soon!  Any ideas on what you’d like? Another file folder game themed calendar kit word wall set?  Suggestions, please! J  Both of my paid products on TPT are on sale though! Yippee!  
     This first activity is a dominos game that has students identifying and matching initial letter sounds to the corresponding letter. Only $1!


    The next activity is one is a calendar kit and, seriously, lucky for y’all, I am incredibly indecisive, so you will notice that in several of my products, I will include different designs/colors/fonts because, hey, why not? Also, I do this because while I have been teaching students with disabilities, I have found the importance of not having too much hullabaloo (for lack of a better word) in the classroom and in tasks/worksheets/activities.  While the extra color and clipart on worksheets, or elaborate decoration around the classroom makes me happy and inspired, all of that extra detail can be way too distracting to students with learning disabilities.   Sometimes when buying products on TPT, I find that the activities/decoration is too “busy” for my kiddos.  Therefore, I want to have the simple option as well as the more detailed option available for my followers.  So lucky you! J
  Anyways, back to my newest product.  last week, I wrote a post about classroom themes and how I set up my rockstar classroom.  Going back to the decoration and details, I used a lot of zebra print, glitter, and paint splattered patterns.  I updated and improved (basically I completely remade it) my calendar kit from last year and now it is available to y’all!  It is a paint splatter theme (see pictures below) calendar set that includes 3 sets of month headers, 2 days of the week sets, 1 set of ‘yesterday, today, tomorrow prompts’, 2 sets of number cards, 38 special event cards (i.e. Christmas, 100th day of school, no school, MLK Day, Happy birthday, special event, etc..), and 4 sets of year headers (2013-2016). The kit and elements are made to fit most calendar sets and/or a standard 3x3 in pocket chart.  If there are any problems please let me know! J  See below for even more information and dimensions of the materials.



So just to keep it going with the whole “paint splatter” theme, I picked up these two essentials: duct tape from walmart and cardstock from Michael's. 



FYi... this picture is not a very good representation of the paint splatter cardstock i purchased. it's actually a not as bright as the picture and has a very pretty soft shiny-almost glittery texture on top.

I used the duct tape as bulletin board borders and I cut out letters from the cardstock to use throughout the classroom (see picture below).


Well wowweee! I think that is about enough for today. I am going to go and take a nice long nap! Have an absolutely marvelous Wednesday, y’all!


 wMariah

No comments:

Post a Comment